I think it's fair to say that Mum taught me to cook... when I was living at home, I spent a lot of the time at the breakfast bar as Mum prepared food for the family. I watched, helped and asked loads of questions. From Mum I learnt the basics. Amongst other things: how to bake, prepare salads and make soups from scratch.
Today I realised that despite it being winter, I hadn't really cooked much soup. Then I started thinking about one of my favourites and set about making it.
Mum's Tomato Soup is pretty simple, really. All that's required is a chicken, some veggies and canned tomatoes. Oh, and I couldn't forget the tiny pasta shapes. Mum still puts alphabet shapes in for me :) I searched around for them today, but unfortunately was unable to find any.
I got the ingredients ready - I cleaned the chicken and peeled the carrots.
Once I put it all the ingredients in the pot, I let them simmer for a few hours and waited...
Mum also taught me that soup is better the next day so, tune in tomorrow for the final result!


2 comments:
Nice pics! Where is part 2 of 'pomidorowka'? I'm more of a rice in soup fan than the noodles. And I remember there were always noodles at your place...
Love the cutlery head pic!
Check out http://www.nordljus.co.uk/ out of interest.
Thanks Justynka.
There is a version with rice, but at our place pasta was preferred. It did start off with elbows and bow shapes... and then one day it was alphabet noodles. Can't remember why...
Note: little pasta can be deceiving when you first add it in! And it swells as time goes by. If you're not careful, you'll get what dad calls 'pasta with soup'!
Post a Comment